Monday, January 17, 2011

Keeping Optimistic

This is actually my second attempt at writing a post for this Blog today. My first attempt began well and was written with the sole purpose of me venting all of my frustrations about my current living/working situation. But the more I wrote, the more negative I got and I really don't want to pass that negativity on to you. So, I've decided to write a list of good things that are happening to me in Korea right now and simply ask you pray for the bad things!

Good Thing #1: I've discovered several restaurants that serve ranch. It does my heart good to walk in and see it listed on the menu and be able to eat it with my fries, with my sandwich, or just with my fingers ;).

Good Thing #2: Julia is still at Haba. She is leaving soon, but she's here right now and I get to enjoy her company.

Good Thing #3: I joined a Bible Study. It's small but it's nice to have something to do during the weeknights and the girls are pretty dang awesome.

Good Thing #4: I have a macbook pro. And I could really make this into a complaint... I'm glad to have had the funds to purchase said computer and I'm glad to have gone with mac again...I love him.

Good Thing #5: Dawna Diamon. She's pretty dang cool and she's become a good friend. I really enjoy her company and am excited to get to spend a few more months with her before she journeys to another land (or her contract ends). And she's going to give me a toaster oven next weekend which I could have had this weekend but didn't due to my inability to answer texts.

Good Thing #6: Got invited on a ski trip for my next break last night, I like that.

Good Thing #7: I still have Kindle gift cards left to use :)!

Good Thing #8: I lost one black glove and one black/white glove. But they were different hands, so I still have a set!

Good Thing #9: I'm a full-time student again for my master's program and I haven't killed myself or anyone else yet!

Good Thing #10: JESUS! It may sound Sunday School but it's true. He's a pretty cool dude.

So yeah, I could come up with a list of bad things too and maybe one day I'll share them with you all via this blog but for now I'm gonna just be grateful for the good things that I do have.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Keep you chin up - things will only get better. Finding good in troubled times is the way to go... I wish I were in Seoul with a pair of mismatched gloves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fiance has also been walking around with mismatched gloves all winter, brown and black. Maybe you both can start a hot new fashion trend! My gloves are attempting to become fingerless gloves... 3 escaped fingers so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning from Arizona.
    I am friends of the Ricardo and Sara. We traveled to China for 2 weeks with our family and have had many friends live in China. Keep the positive attitude. You have tremendous power when you can change your viewpoint. We all should make a positive list daily. Remember, you are growing tremendously as a person. Adversity makes us stronger. (I love Mac too.)

    ReplyDelete