Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Reason #1, You're DYING to visit Korea.

So someone recently asked me what I loved about Korea (perhaps in response to a bit of a rant I had gone on about all my dislikes) and it got me to thinking about how AWESOME certain things here are. So I thought I'd share them with you, honestly, in hopes of enticing you to visit me here...as I really, really, really want a visitor (hint, hint).

So Reason #1 you should come visit me in Korea (or just come to Korea sometime):
Photobucket

That's right the headbands in Korea are AMAZING! I mean seriously Korean girls understand the idea of bedazzling one's hair. You can get simple headbands that are one color, headbands with little bows attached, headbands with extra sparkles, headbands with crocheted flowers, headbands with polka-dots, headbands with butterflies, headbands with textured cloth, headbands with beads, and probably a million more that I haven't seen yet but will be excited to see one day soon!

And just to show how amazing these headbands are for you doubters I shall quote Pamela Parry (a recent headband hater turned convert), "I do want more now!"

AND BEYOND HEADBANDS, Korea has barrettes galore, hairbands with all sorts of embellishments, chopsticks with beautiful doohickeys on tops (but to be honest I can barely eat with chopsticks so wearing them in my hair is just too hard!), butterfly clips of all shapes and sizes, and probably a million more hair accessories that I'm too American to understand.

And where can you get these things you ask? Well you can get them in most any subway stations, a variety of streets (especially in Apgujeong), Myeong-dong, any of the numerous malls, my bedroom mirror (yes that's right if you visit, I'd let you borrow one of my own collection), OR you could go to Dongdaemun

Perhaps, I should have named this reason #2 or used it instead as #1 and just highlighted the headbands throughout. But this place is sensational. It's I believe two buildings with floor after floor of goods: clothes, jewelry, food, purses, hair accessories, shoes, fabric, and probably a million more things I didn't even notice because I was in sensory overload!

You can go through these vendors and find anything you're little heart desires. And after this post you'll probably be dreaming of headbands. And you can find these things at all hours of the day and night as this place is open to the wee hours of the morning. And you can earn yourself some deals as you can haggle over any prices presented to you and get them for even better!

Dying to come to Korea yet?

Photobucket

1 comment: